Like many people, you may have questions about Medicare’s new Prescription Drug coverage. Anyone with Medicare is eligible for this coverage which offers the following features:
• Provides insurance coverage for prescription drugs.
• Pays for both brand name and generic drugs.
• Offers a choice of plans from private insurers. As with other types of insurance, your monthly premium and out-of-pocket costs may vary with different plans.
It’s important to find the plan that works best for you.
You should check to see:
• If your prescription drugs are covered in the new plans.
• Which pharmacies the drug plans in your area use.
• If the monthly fees work for you.
For advice on which plan to choose, call one of the following numbers.
If you have Medicare ONLY, call: 1-877-ELDERS-1 (1-877-353-3771) or 1-800-750-5353 (voice and TTY).
This is a voluntary program so you can choose not to enroll.
If you have Medicare AND MaineCare, DEL or MaineRx Plus, call: 1-866-RX-MAINE (1-866-796-2463) or TTY 1-800-423-4331.
In this case, you need to choose a plan or Medicare will assign one to you. You can change to a different plan at any time.
Please let us know if you have any questions. At Bedard, we’re always happy to help.